So. Are you hiding from your own success?
Seems like a stupid question, doesn’t it.
It’s not. If you are not enjoying the success you want, right now, you are actually keeping it away.
I’m sorry. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Here are 5 ways people hide from being successful.
See if any of them ring a bell.
1. “I really want to be in the spotlight… I think.” If you are ambivalent about being in the spotlight, you’ll never get there.
Many people are shy, or would feel too exposed out there in the limelight. Or they want extreme success, but “only if it meets their conditions.”
Your success has conditions too.
Do they match up? Think about it.
2. “I just need one more certification.” Women, especially, fall into this pit. You have everything you need, RIGHT NOW, to make a beyond 6-figure income. Don’t go back to school and put it off.
3. “I’d love to be super-successful, but I don’t want to be like those other gurus.” Meaning, usually, you don’t want to market like crazy, put yourself out there, up your game, change your business, and again, market like crazy.
4. “Can’t people just find me? My work stands for itself.”
Not today. Not ever, in fact.
This means you don’t want to promote yourself, because it feels:
- “Just not you”
Borrow a trick from Oprah, Richard Branson, and all the super stars:
Find your professional image, and promote that, not the Inner You.
5. “I don’t want to seem bossy and overbearing.”
This belief is downright dangerous.
Want to know why more people aren’t following you?
Because you’re not leading them.
You’re not out in front of your market, with a clear powerful message.
So they can’t follow you.
Because you’re not leading.
You’re too busy chasing clients.
And if you chase them, who’s more valuable?
They are. And they know it.
Become a leader.
Give your peeps a good reason to follow you.
You don’t know this, but they’re waiting for you to pick up that torch.
Join me on Thursday for a powerful look at what you can do to break the “just OK” cycle and accelerate the success you really want.
It’s your turn.